Director, Cancer Immunology
We are seeking an individual who is passionate about discovering novel therapeutics that harness the immune system in order to eradicate cancer. You will help guide the scientific direction of research and bring novel breakthrough therapeutics from concept to clinical testing. You will achieve a deep understanding of the biology and cellular machinery of immune cells with an emphasis on the pathways that control immune activation, effector function, and cellular regulation, especially in the context of the tumor microenvironment.
- Discover and evaluate novel therapeutics and their effects
- Provide technical insight on complex scientific issues to advance therapeutic candidates
- Design and execute in vitro and in vivo experiments focused on elucidating the cellular and molecular mechanisms that modulate anti-tumor responses
- Develop methods to examine the effects of therapeutic candidates in cancer models with an emphasis on syngeneic systems
- Investigate the tumor microenvironment
- Work independently and make contributions that advance therapeutic candidates through development
- Stay abreast of the literature and be an internal cancer immunology expert
- Promote a science-driven, goal-oriented culture with innovation, accountability, and transparency
- Ph.D. in immunology or tumor immunology
- 12+ years industry/academic experience in immunology or tumor immunology
- Strong background in cellular and immunological techniques including western blotting, flow cytometry, cytokine profiling, etc.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- A record of accomplishments evidenced by publications/patents
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organization and multitasking, and working in a collaborative and cross-functional research environment
Amphivena Therapeutics, Inc. is a cancer immunotherapy company based in South San Francisco, CA developing proprietary first-in-class, T-cell redirecting bispecific antibody-based proteins for the treatment of cancer. The company’s lead drug candidate is AMV564, a CD33/CD3-targeted treatment for acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
Amphivena’s mission is to eradicate cancers with a breakthrough therapies that harnesses the patient’s own immune system to destroy tumor cells and their precursors. Our aim is to restore the cellular balance needed for proper blood formation, function and circulation, restoring the flow of life to patients.