Sr Scientist/(Associate) Director, Molecular and Cell Biology
We are seeking an individual who is passionate about developing novel therapeutics that harness the immune system in order to eradicate cancer. You will help guide the scientific direction of research and bring novel breakthrough therapeutics from concept to clinical testing. The Director, Molecular and Cell Biology will guide drug discovery focused on tumor and tumor-associated cells activities. The qualified candidate is a highly motivated, interactive, and creative individual who possesses substantial experience in studying solid tumor biology with experience and strong interest in understanding factors that drive the cancer cell cycle, dampen tumor DNA damage response, and shape the tumor microenvironment.
- Evaluate novel therapeutics and their effects.
- Develop assays that monitor cell characteristics.
- Using genetic engineering, modify and produce cells with specific attributes.
- Support the production of antibodies and antibody-based products through molecular biology
- Maintain accurate laboratory records and data.
- Prepare reports, manuscripts, and meeting presentations.
- Direct, coordinate, organize, or prioritize biological laboratory activities.
- Perform laboratory procedures following protocols including deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) sequencing, cloning and extraction, ribonucleic acid (RNA) purification, or gel electrophoresis.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, molecular biology, bioengineering, or related discipline preferred. Candidates with a MS and/or BS candidates will be considered.
- A broad understanding of both oncogenic signaling pathways and molecular mechanism that contribute to the cancer cell cycle, DNA damage response, and immune evasion.
- Advanced knowledge of molecular biology with emphasis on genome editing technologies for cell engineering with experience in using genome editing to establish novel drug resistance models and cell-based reporter systems to evaluate target biology.
- Demonstrated consistent achievement of team delivery against commitments and goals.
- Strategic thinker and problem-solver capable of identifying risks and risk mitigation strategies.
- Strong teamwork, negotiation and influencing skills, able to work in a team setting and establish clear and consistent goals and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and scientific presence.
Amphivena Therapeutics, Inc. is a cancer immunotherapy company based in South San Francisco, CA developing proprietary first-in-class, T-cell redirecting bispecific antibody-based proteins for the treatment of cancer. The company’s lead drug candidate is AMV564, a CD33/CD3-targeted bispecific that is currently in trials for acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS).
Amphivena’s mission is to eradicate cancers with a breakthrough therapies that harnesses the patient’s own immune system to destroy tumor cells and their precursors. Our aim is to restore the cellular balance needed for proper blood formation, function and circulation, restoring the flow of life to patients.