Sr Scientist/Associate Director, Protein Engineering
We are seeking an individual who is passionate about developing novel therapeutics that harness the immune system in order to eradicate cancer. You will help guide the scientific direction of research and bring novel breakthrough therapeutics from concept to clinical testing. You will advance our pipeline through antibody discovery and engineering in order to produce and identify the best candidates for development.
- Construct and produce novel antibodies and antibody-based products for therapeutic and research applications
- Develop new technologies for antibody discovery, optimization and engineering using antibody phage display and next generation sequencing of immune and synthetic repertoires
- Characterize and optimize physical, physiochemical and manufacturing properties
- Develop methods to examine the effects of therapeutic candidates in cancer models with an emphasis on syngeneic systems
- Perform antibody characterization using biolayer interferometry (Octet), ELISA, FACS, SDS-PAGE, Western blot, etc.
- Work independently and make contributions that advance therapeutic candidates through development
- Stay abreast of the literature and be an internal antibody expert
- Promote a science-driven, goal-oriented culture with innovation, accountability, and transparency
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, molecular biology, bioengineering, or related discipline preferred. Candidates with a MS and/or BS candidates will be considered.
- 8+ years industry/academic experience in protein/antibody engineering
- Experience with protein/antibody engineering and directed evolution methods such as phage display
- Expertise in molecular biology, including cloning and mutagenesis, familiarity with concepts of protein biochemistry and structural biology and computational skills for analysis of large datasets
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- A record of accomplishments evidenced by publications/patents
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organization and multitasking, and working in a collaborative and cross-functional research environment
Amphivena Therapeutics, Inc. is a cancer immunotherapy company based in South San Francisco, CA developing proprietary first-in-class, T-cell redirecting bispecific antibody-based proteins for the treatment of cancer. The company’s lead drug candidate is AMV564, a CD33/CD3-targeted bispecific that is currently in trials for acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS).
Amphivena’s mission is to eradicate cancers with a breakthrough therapies that harnesses the patient’s own immune system to destroy tumor cells and their precursors. Our aim is to restore the cellular balance needed for proper blood formation, function and circulation, restoring the flow of life to patients.