Research Associate or Scientist I / Scientist II, Protein Engineering
We are seeking an enthusiast researcher to work in the development of novel therapeutics harnessing the immune system to eliminate cancer. You will help guide the scientific direction of research and identify novel therapeutics. You will advance the pipeline through antibody discovery and engineering in order to produce and identify superior development candidates.
- Evaluate novel therapeutics and their biological activities.
- Support production antibodies and protein therapeutics using molecular biology and cell culture techniques.
- Develop and implement procedures for analysis of potential therapeutics in T cell engager potency assays
- Implement technologies for antibody discovery using B cell cloning and next generation sequencing of immune and synthetic repertoires
- Work independently and make contributions to advance therapeutic candidates through development
- Prepare reports, manuscripts and meeting presentations – maintain accurate laboratory records
- Keep informed on the scientific literature and be an internal molecular and tumor biology expert
- Promote a science-driven, goal-oriented culture with innovation, accountability and transparency.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or a related field with 2-4 years of experience or M.S. or B.S. with 6+ years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of molecular biology including maintenance of standard laboratory cell lines, primary cell culture, genome editing, FACS and immune-fluorescence
- Experience in protein expression using transient transfection and development of stable cell lines
- Development and implementation of cellular assays including evaluation of endogenous signaling pathways and development of reporter cell lines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Record of accomplishment as evidenced by publications, patents or public presentations
- Experience with written and oral communication skills, organization, multitasking and working in a collaborative and cross-functional research environment.
Amphivena Therapeutics, Inc. is a cancer immunotherapy company based in South San Francisco, CA that is developing proprietary first-in-class, T-cell redirecting bispecific antibody-based proteins for the treatment of cancer. The company’s lead drug candidate is AMV564, a CD33/ CD3 targeting bispecific that is currently in clinical trials for acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS).
Amphivena’s mission is to eradicate cancers with breakthrough therapies that harness the patient’s own immune system to destroy tumor cells and their precursors. Our aim is to restore the cellular balance needed for proper blood formation, function and circulation, restoring the flow of life to patients.